Our Yacht is a 2007 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39DS. She is a very comfortable boat, with two cabins and a lovely saloon area, below decks.
‘Carried Away’ is equipped with a bathing deck and ladder for easy access to and from the water, Wi-Fi, hot and cold fresh water showers and a full Bimini cover to chill under once you have had enough sun. With room on deck for sunbathing, there will always be somewhere for you to relax and soak in the atmosphere the Caribbean has to offer.
A brief history of our life aboard “Carried Away”
We have lived on ‘Carried Away’ since we set sail on an Adventure in 2013. We sailed her from Fleetwood in Lancashire UK, all the way to the Caribbean. She has looked after us for over 16,500 nautical miles so far, and we have visited many lovely places on our adventure.
We have sailed:-
- The Irish sea
- Rounded ‘Lands End’ (in the dark)
- Crossed the English Channel
- Sailed the fabulous West Coast of France
- Crossed the notorious ‘Bay of Biscay’
- Sailed the Rias of Northern Spain
- Stopped off along the Atlantic coast of Portugal
- Visited the Atlantic Islands of Madeira and Porto Santo
- Sailed to the Canary Islands, staying for over a year
- Visited the Atlantic Islands of the Cape Verde chain
- Crossed the Atlantic Ocean 2700 nautical miles to the Caribbean
- Regular trips to the island of Guadeloupe
- Sailed through The Bahamas during “Lockdown 2020”
- Sailed 2100 nautical miles from Antigua to Chesapeake USA
- Sailed from Chesapeake along the Intra Coastal Waterway to Florida
- Cruised between Coconut Grove, Miami and Key Biscayne waiting for good weather to cross the Gulf Stream to the Bimini islands.
- Cruised the many beautiful islands of the Bahamas, this time not on “Lockdown”
- Sailed 4 days from Great Inagua, Bahamas to Puerto Real in PuertoRico
- Anchored in the beautiful Spanish Virgin Islands of Vieques and Culebra
- Cruised the fabulous USVI’s
- St Martin
- Return to Antigua
The countries we have visited on our adventure so far include:-
- Isle of Man
- Cabo Verde
- St Martin
- St Thomas
- St John
- The Bahamas
- USA (lived in Solomons Island, Maryland for 18 months)
- Puerto Rico
- Spanish Virgin Islands
- USVI’s on our return trip
Amanda and I are both qualified Royal Yachting Association sailors and are members of ‘The Cruising Association’ in London. I also have a Boatmaster commercial accreditation.
We feel safe in each others hands and I am confident you will be safe with us.