Our Yacht is a 2007 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 39DS. She is a very comfortable boat, with two cabins and a lovely saloon area, below decks.
She is equipped with a bathing deck and ladder for easy access to and from the water, Wi-Fi, hot and cold fresh water showers and a full Bimini cover to chill under once you have had enough sun. With room on deck for sunbathing, there will always be somewhere for you to relax and soak in the atmosphere the Caribbean has to offer.
We have lived on ‘Carried Away’ since we set sail on an Adventure in 2014. We sailed her from Fleetwood in Lancashire UK, all the way to the Caribbean. She has looked after us for almost 15,000 nautical miles as we have visited many lovely places on our adventure.
We have sailed:-
- The Irish sea
- Rounded ‘Lands End’ (in the dark)
- Crossed the English Channel
- Sailed the fabulous West Coast of France
- Crossed the notorious ‘Bay of Biscay’
- Visited the Atlantic Islands of Madeira and Porto Santo
- Sailed to the Canary Islands, staying for over a year
- Visited the Atlantic Islands of the Cape Verde chain
- Crossed the Atlantic Ocean 2700 nautical miles to the Caribbean
The countries we have visited so far include:-
- Isle of Man
- Cabo Verde
Amanda and I are both qualified Royal Yachting Association sailors and are members of ‘The Cruising Association’ in London.
We feel safe in each others hands and I am confident you will be safe with us.
We sailed across the Atlantic from Tenerife in the Canary Islands with our eldest son Nick. We didn’t have the smoothest of crossings, but one very calm day, Nick got out his Drone and shot some amazing footage!
You can follow our progress or see where in the World we are by clicking on this link to Marine Traffic